Towellers Limited’s notice of annual general meeting
Karachi: We are enclosing herewith photocopy of the Notice of the Annual General Meeting to be held on October 26, 2011 which was published in “Daily Business Recorder” (English) and “Daily Nawa-i-Waqt” (Urdu) dated October 04, 2011 according to the provision of Subsection (3) of Section 158 of the Company Ordinance 1984 for your ready reference.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 38th Annual General Meeting of M/s Towellers Limited will be held on Wednesday October 26, 2011 at 3:00 p.m. at W.S.A. 30-31, Block-1, Federal ‘B’ Area, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday October 26, 2010.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the report of the Director, and Auditors and Audited Accounts of the Company for the period ended June 30, 2011.
3. To appoint Auditors for the year 2011-2012 and fix their remuneration, the retiring auditors M/s Mushtaq and Company Chartered Accountants, being eligible to offer themselves for re-appointment.
4. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from October 19, 2011 to October 26, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another person as his/her proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. The Proxy form must be received at the registered office of the Company at W.S.A. 30-31, Block-1 Federal ‘B’ Area, Karachi, duly stamped, signed and witnessed not later than forty-eight (48) hours before the meeting.
3. Shareholders whose shares are deposited with Central Depositary Company (CDC) are requested to bring their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) along with their CDC Account Number for verification. In case of corporate Entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
4. For attending the meeting and appointing proxies, CDC account holders will further have to follow the guidelines as laid in Circular 01, dated January 26, 2000, issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
5. Shareholders are requested to immediately inform the Company’s share Registrar M/s Noble Computer Services (Pvt.) Limited of any change in their address.
For more information, contact:
M. Farhan Adil
W.S.A -30, BLOCK -1,
Federal ‘B’ Area, Karachi- 75950