Otsuka Pakistan Limited’s publication of notice of the meeting
Karachi: This is to inform you that the notice of the meeting has been published in the following newspapers on Friday, September 23, 2011:
1. Business Recorder (Karachi)
2. Business Recorder (Lahore)
3. Nawa-e-Waqt (Karachi)
4. Nawa-e-Waqt (Lahore)
In the same connection we are enclosing herewith the cutting of the same notice(s) of the meeting from Business Recorder, Karachi and Nawa-e-Waqt (Urdu), Karachi for your kind information and record.
Otsuka Pakistan Limited
Notice of Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Twenty-third Annual General Meeting of Otsuka Pakistan Limited will be held on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at 10:30 A.M. at Beach Luxury Hotel, Karachi to transact the following business:-
A. Ordinary Business:
1. To receive and adopt the Audited Accounts for the year ended June 30, 2011, together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ reports thereon.
2. To approve the interim cash dividend of 15% (i.e. Rs. 1.50 per share) already declared and paid as final distribution for the year ended June 30, 2011.
3. To appoint auditors and fix their remuneration.
B. Special Business:
4. To authorize the Chief Executive to hold office of profit in the Company and to approve his remuneration.
5. To ratify the Consultancy Agreement.
Any other business with the permission of the Chair
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from October 13, 2011 to October 19, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting may appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his / her behalf. A proxy need not be a member of the company.
3. Instrument of appointing proxy and the power of attorney or other authority under which it is signed or a notarially certified copy of the power or authority must be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company at least 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
4. CDC Account Holders will have to follow the under-mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular No. 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For Attending the Meeting
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting
ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies:
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
ii) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv) The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
v) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
5. Shareholders are requested to promptly notify Company’s Share Registrar MIs. Noble Computer Services (Pvt.) Limited 1st Floor, House of Habib Building (Siddiqsons Tower), 3 -Jinnah Cooperative Housing Society, Main Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi -75350. Telephone Nos. 34325482-87 (6 lines); of any change in their addresses.
6. Statement as required under Section 160(1 )(b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 is being sent to the members alongwith annual report.
For more informaiton, contact:
Otsuka Pakistan Limited
30-B, Sindhi Muslim Co-operative Housing Society,
Tel: +92-21 34528651
Fax: +92-21 34549857