Javedan Corporation Limited’s Notice of Annual General Meeting
Karachi: We arc enclosing herewith copies of our advertisements to be published in daily “Business Recorder” and daily “Nawa-e-Waqt” Karachi on October 09, 2011 regarding Notice of Annual General Meeting to be held at “Beach Luxury Hotel Karachi” on Saturday October 29, 2011.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that 49th Annual General Meeting of Javedan Corporation Limited (formerly Javedan Cement Limited) will be held at Beach Luxury Hotel, Karachi on Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 08:00 p.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the shareholders held on May 07, 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt annual audited financial statements for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Reports of the Auditors and Directors thereon.
3. To appoint Auditors for the year ending June 30, 2012 and to fix their remuneration.
4. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. Share transfer books will remain closed from October 23, 2011 to October 29, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. All Members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting. A member may appoint a proxy who needs to be a Member of the Company.
3. The instrument appointing the proxy and the other authority which it is signed, or a notarially certified copy thereof, must be lodged at the Company’s Registered Office or Share Registrar’s Office at least 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
4. Any change of address of Members should be notified immediately to the Company’s Registered Office or Share Registrar’s Office.
CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
A. Attending the Meeting:
i. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his Original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies:
i. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per requirement by the Company.
ii. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii. Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv. The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
v. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Masoud Ali Khan
C.F.O. and Company Secretary
Javedan Corporation Limited
Perdesi House Survey No. 2/1,
R.Y. 16, Old Queens Road,
Karachi – 74000.
Fax: (92-21) 2470090