Gulistan Textile Mills Limited’s Notice Annual General Meeting
Karachi: Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of Gulistan Textile Mills Limited (GUTM) will be held on Monday, 31 October 2011 at 10.00 A.M. at Trading Hall, Karachi Cotton Association Building, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the preceding meeting of the shareholders.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the audited accounts of the company for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Report thereon.
3. To approve Cash Dividend to the Members of the Company as recommended by the Directors.
4. To elect seven Directors as fixed by the Board u/s 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for three years. The retiring Directors who are eligible to offer themselves for re-election as Director are as follows:
Mr. Naseer Ahmed
Mr. Tanveer Ahmed
Mr. Riaz Ahmed
Mr. Mohammad Abdullah
Mr. Sohail Maqsood
Mr. Mohammad Tanveer
Mr. Naushad Ur Rehman
5. The board of directors based on the recommendation of the audit committee, recommend the appointment of M/s. Mushtaq and Co. Chartered Accounts as the auditors of the Company for the year 2011-12 on such remuneration as fixed by the Chairman of the Company.
6. Any other matter with the permission of the Chairman.
1. The Register of Members of the Company will remain closed from 28-10-2011 to 31-10-2011 (both days inclusive). Transfer received in order at the office of Share Registrar of the company i.e. Hameed Majeed Associates (Pvt.) Ltd., 5th Floor, Karachi Chambers, Hasrat Mohani Road, Karachi at the close of business on 27-10-2011 will be treated in time for the purpose of entitlement of dividend, if approved, in respect of the year ended 30th June 2011.
2. Any person who seeks to contest the election of Directors shall file with the company at its registered office not later than fourteen days before the day of the Meeting his/her intention to offer himself/herself for Election of Directors in terms of section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance 1984 alongwith his/her consent to act as Director, if elected. Such consent should be accompanied by the following declaration.
a) I am aware of my duties and powers under the relevant law(s) and the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Co. and the Listing Regulations of the Stock Exchange of Pakistn.
b) I am not serving as Directors of more than ten other listed cos.
c) I am a registered tax payer at NTN no.
d) I have not been convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction as a defaulter in payment of any loan to banking company, Development Financial institution or a Non Banking Financial Institution or I being a member of a Stock Exchange have not been declared as a defaulter by such Stock Exchange.
For more information, contact:
Gulistan Textile Mills Limited
2nd Floor, Finlay House,
I.I. Chundrigar Road,
Tel: +92 21 241 9943, 241 9947
Fax: +92 21 241 1559