Gatron (Industries) Limited’s notice of annual general meeting
Karachi: Please find enclosed a copy of the notice of the 31st Annual General Meeting of the Company to be held on Monday, October 24, 2011 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of 31st Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Thirty First Annual General Meeting of Gatron (Industries) Limited will be hold on Monday, October, 24, 2011 at 11:30 a.m., at Serena Hotel, Quetta, to transact the following business.
1. To confirm the minutes of the Thirtieth Annual General Meeting of the Company held on October 18, 2010.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the audited accounts of the company for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the Auditors’ Report thereon and Directors’ Report for the year then ended.
3. To consider find approve Payment of cash dividend at Rs.5.00 per share (50%) as recommended by the Board of Directors.
4. To elect 8 (eight) Directors being number fixed by the Board of Directors in its meeting held on September 10, 2011 for a period of three years commencing from December 24, 2011 in accordance with Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The retiring Directors are Messrs. Peer Mohammad Diwan, Haji Haroon Bilwani, Abdul Razak Diwan, Zakaria Bilwani, Usman Bilwani, Iqbal Bilwani, Mohammad Arif Bilwani and Shabbir Diwan.
5. To appoint auditors and fix their remuneration for the next financial year.
6. To transact any other ordinary business with the permission of the Chair.
(1) Any person who seeks to contest election to the office of the Directors shall file with the Company, not later than fourteen days before the date of the Annual General Meeting, a notice of his/her to offer himself/herself for election as Directors in terms of section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 together with (a) consent in Form-28 (b) declaration with consent to act as director in the manner as provided under clause (ii) of the Code of Corporate Governance declaration in terms of clause (iii), (iv) and (v) of the Code of Corporate Governance.
(2) The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from October 18, 2011 to October 24, 2011 (both days inclusive).
(3) A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote on his/her behalf. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the office of the company not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting. Proxy form is annexed.
(4) A member who has deposited his/her shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, must bring his/her Participant ID number and account/sub account number along with the original computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport at the time of attending the meeting.
(5) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of attending the meeting.
(6) The shareholders are advised to notify to the company of any change in their addresses.
For more information, contact:
Gatron (Industries) Limited
Liaison Office: 8th Floor,
M. A. Jinnah/Dunolly Road,
P. O. Box No. 5801,
Telephone: (92-21) 2417171 (3 Lines)
U.A.N. (92-21) 111-71-71-71,
Fax: (92-21) 2416532