Chakwal Spinning Mills Limited’s Notice of Annual General Meeting
Karachi: Please find enclosed a copy of the Notice of 24th Annual General Meeting of the Company to be held on Monday, October 31, 2011 for circulation amongst members.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 24th Annual General Meeting of Chakwal Spinning Mills Limited will be held on Monday, October 31, 2011 at 09:00 a.m. at the premises of Kohinoor Spinning Mills Limited, Unit No. I, Pindi Road, Aminabad. Chakwal to transact the following business:-
1. To confirm the minutes of Extraordinary General Meeting held on September 28, 2011.
2. To receive and adopt the audited accounts of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2011 together with the reports of directors and auditors thereon.
3. To appoint auditors for the year ending June 30, 2012 and to fix their remuneration. A shareholder of the company has given notice u/s 253 of the of the Companies Ordinance,1984 proposing appointment of Messrs Aslam Malik and Co., Chartered Accountants as auditor of the company for the year ending June 30. 2012 in place of retiring auditors Messrs Harneed Khan and Co. Chartered Accountants in the forthcoming Annual General Meeting.
4. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from October 24, 2011 to October 31, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend the meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend the meeting of him/her behalf. Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the Company not later than 48 hours before the meeting.
3. The beneficial owner of the shares of the company in the central depository system of the CDC or his/her proxy entitled to attend this meeting shall produce his/her original CNIC or passport to prove the identity. COC Account Holders will further have to follow the guidelines, as hid down in Circular No. I dated 26 January 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
4. Shareholders are requested to immediately notify the change iii their address, if any, and also send copy of CNIC as pursuant to the amendments made in clause (9), Table A, First Schedule and format of Form-A provided in Third Schedule of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, (the “Ordinance”) vide S.R.O. 286(1)2005 dated March 31, 2005, it was made mandatory to provide CNIC number of every transferor and the witness for transfer of shares and CNIC number of every director, member and debenture holder for filing annual return of company having shareholdings to our share registrar M/s Corplink (Pvt.) Limited, Wings Arcade, 1-K, Commercial, Model Town, Lahore. Tel. 042-5839182.
For more information, contact:
Muhammad Jahangir Khan
Chakwal Spinning Mills Limited
31-F, Main Market Gulberg II,
Lahore – Pakistan.