Burshane LPG (Pakistan) Limited’s notice of annual general meeting 2011
Karachi: Please find enclosed Business Recorder and Nawa-e-Waqt of October 03, 2011 with the published notice of the 45th Annual General Meeting of Burshane LPG (Pakistan) Limited (BPL) (Formerly Shell Gas LPG (Pakistan) Limited) as per circular 5 of 2002.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 45th Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 8:00 am, at Pearl Continental Hotels, Karachi, to transact the following business:
1. To receive, approve and adopt Reports of Directors and Auditors together with the Audited Accounts for the year ended June 30, 2011.
2. To approve and declare cash dividend @10% for the year ended June 30, 2011 (that is, Re. 1 share of Rs. 10 each, payable to those members whose names appear on the Register of Members as at October18, 2011) as recommended by the Board of Directors.
3. To appoint Auditors for 2011-2012 and fix their remuneration.
1. Participation in the Annual General Meeting
A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint another person as his / her proxy to attend and vote. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the Registered Office of the Company duly stamped and signed not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
2. CDC Account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2000 Issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
a. For attending the meeting
In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per CDC regulations, shall authenticate their identity by showing their original CNIC (Computerized National Identity Cards) / original passports at the time of attending the meeting.
b. For appointing proxies
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per CDC regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
ii) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii) Attested copies for CNIC or the passports of the beneficial owners and of the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv) The proxies shall produce their original CNIC or passports at the time of the meeting.
v) In the case of corporate entities, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the person nominated to represent and vote on behalf of the corporate entity shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
3. Closure of Share Transfer Books
The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed and no transfer of shares will be accepted for the registration from October 19, 2011 to October 25, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfer received in order at the Share Registrars’ office by the close of business on October 18, 2011 with be treated in time for the purpose of payment of final cash dividend, if approved by the shareholders.
4. Change in Address
Members are requested to promptly notify any change in their address.
For more information, contact:
Oan Hussain Ali
CFO and Company Secretary
Burshane LPG (Pakistan) Limited
(formerly Shell Gas LPG Pakistan Limited)
Adjacent to Pakistan Refinery Limited
Karachi: 7 5190
Tel + 92 (21) 3512 2861- 3
Fax + 92 (21)3512 2864